Old March 17th 11, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Cat Litter Question

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 07:51:42 -0700, Rockinghorse Winner
wrote:

Shopping for cat litter, I notice that there are two basic kinds of the non
clumping kind (the cheap kind!): regualar and scented (multi-cat).

I am confused as to why it is marketed this way. wouldn't the highly scented
kind be the preferable type for MOST cat owners, whether they have 1,2, or
more cats? Who, especially those like me who live in an apt., would not
prefer the litter that has more perfume?!

I realize some people may be allergic to scented litter, and some more may
just not like the scent, but I would guess these are a minority. Why is the
scented litter marketed as 'multi-cat,' rather than the less scented stuff
sold as 'unscented,' 'hypoallergenic' or something like that?

*R* *H*

Some cats are allergic to the scented variety of litter, as well as
some people, I suppose. Kittens especially, should not be using
scented. I've been experimenting with different litters after reading
that some cats might have problems with the clumping clay kinds. So
far, the best litter I've used is Swheat Scoop.

http://swheatscoop.com/