Old August 11th 14, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Memories: Persia and the Fancy Feast

On 8/10/2014 10:17 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
Back when Persia first came to live with me (2001) I'd only give her a
can of Fancy Feast (FF) as a treat on Sundays. Don't ask me what my
rationale for that was... probably just my wallet. Heh.

I kept the FF on the second shelf of the pantry in the kitchen. The
shelves were offset to the side and that shelf was pretty high up.
There was also a large kitchen wastebasket right inside the pantry door.

One *Saturday* she decided she wanted some FF. She managed to open the
door to the pantry. She maneuvered around the wastebasket and stretched
up to the second shelf. Now, the FF was sitting right next to an
identical size can of chopped green chili peppers. But she selected a
can of FF, knocked it off the shelf and scooted it to the middle of the
kitchen floor. Then she sat down... and waited.

When I walked into the kitchen I burst out laughing! You little goof!
Of course she got some FF just for being so precocious. :-D

Jill

Persia was a very clever cat, to not only knock the right can off the
shelf but to put it where you wouldn't miss seeing it.

Clever girl.

Judith

It proved to me her sense of smell was pretty darn good. I'm sure she
wasn't reading the labels on the cans. At least, I don't *think* she
was... hmmmmm.

Jill