Old July 18th 16, 08:00 PM
My2Kitties My2Kitties is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Carroll[_2_] View Post
On 17 Jul 2016, My2Kitties wrote:

The only packing tape types I can think of, will not lie flat. They'd
curl and stick to themselves. The ones I'm thinking of are the clear or
brown thin-plastic wrapping tapes, and then of course duct tape. How do
those of you who use reverse packing tape go about using it? What type
of tape?

I can't answer your actual question, but one thing that does work is to
make little circular loops of tape with the sticky side outward.

-- Mark
Hi Mark, thanks for the explanation...I can see this would work IF the cat were jumping from below. But my cat can see where she wants to go. She has been able to find a "path" around every form of barrier I've tried -- aluminum foil on the counter; metal backing pans blocking -- I THOUGHT -- every potential avenue of access. She was able to step over or around all that. So she'd be bound to walk around the tape loops, too. I have ordered a ssscat device. The one I bought is apparently defective, so the ssscat company is sending a replacement. I hope that will solve the problem. These are expensive.