Old July 1st 11, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default OT - Fireworks?

J J Levin wrote:

Banned. Totally. Texas does not need more fires, even tiny ones, in this
difficult year. I've seen the horrible news photos.

Also, since this is a cat group, I read somewhere that cats are notoriously
frightened by fireworks, both by the lights and by the noises. Not that any
cat lover would think of placing a cat in such a scary setting. I assume
this is true?

I've been with friends and their *dogs* at fireworks times and the poor
things were cowering under beds or desks, etc. One of my friends always
used to take her dogs to a place out of town every July 4, that wasn't
near any fireworks, just so they wouldn't have to go through that. But my
cats are pretty much oblivious to firecrackers and big fireworks booms.
Maybe an occasional ear twitch after a particularly loud sound, but that's
about it. Then, back to sleep.

Joyce

--
It is better to give than to lend, and it costs about the same.
-- Unknown