Old September 18th 05, 12:01 PM
huzi&shireen

Ted Davis wrote:
On 17 Sep 2005 07:24:32 -0700, "huzi&shireen"
wrote:

Our two cats wake us up very early in the morning....sit on us and
purrr and purrr till we throw them out or talk to them. They don't like
to see us sleep. Is that normal? How does one stop it?

Cats are most active around dawn and dusk - people are most active
during the day. The cats are trying to put you on their schedule.
They are training you to put them out or interact with them in some
other favorable way when they want the interaction.

You can turn the tables by giving them an interaction they do not want
- something like a squirt of water from a hand sprayer bottle.

When the sequence is sit on someone, person gets up and tends to the
cat, the cat has conditioned the person, but then the sequence is cat
sits on someone and gets squirted with water, the cat is conditioned
to avoid the behavior that results in getting wet.

--
T.E.D. )

Ted,

Thanks!