Old October 23rd 18, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Uh Oh!

I have pet steps next to my bed. I bought them when Persia (RB) was
having some trouble leaping up onto the bed. Buffy immediately realized
these were steps for *her* to use. Of course! She inherited them.

The problem is, when I get up in the morning she goes down the pet steps
and then flops onto the floor right next to them. Right where I have to
step to get out of bed. Until this morning I have managed to avoid
stepping on her. This morning I stepped on her tail. Oops!

(Note: If you've never heard howling like a siren you should try
stepping on a cat's tail.)

It was just the tip of her tail and she's fine. But my goodness, she
needs to learn to get out of the way! She's the one who wakes me up.
Time for kibble! She knows when she uses those pet steps and I turn on
the bedside lamp I'm going to be stepping right there.

I felt bad about it, of course. Fortunately no damage done.

Jill