Old April 9th 05, 02:43 AM
CatNipped

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Fri 08 Apr 2005 03:14:27p, Sidhe wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
. com):

I've had cats all my life and never seen anything like it. It's
like she's advertising the fact she's using the box to me or
something. Any thoughts gratefully received ?

My former feral Bonnie did this and I thought she had a URI. She
might have, but the vet couldn't get any urine from her (another
reason she thought she did, because a cat with a URI will eliminate
frequently because they feel the urge even if the bladder isn't
full). Vet prescribed antibiotics anyways, but even after the
course, Bonnie still had this behavior. Do you have more than one
litter box? She might want somewhere else to go number 2. That's
what Bonnie did, and still does to this day. Use one box, then go
use the other box in the other room.

One of mine does that. I have three boxes next to each other in my attached
garage (kitty door in the door leading to it - it makes it convenient for
them and I don't get litter all over my house), and one box way off to the
side (since Demi is so shy). Jessie will urinate in one of the three boxes
and then immediately walk over to "Demi's" box to deficate.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields