Old May 29th 19, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default A birthday party!

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[A large, grinning labrador/Ridgeback cross walks up to Iowna.]

I sure hope that you feel ok to hang around wif us for a while
longer! We'z hardly getted a chance to meet. I'z Starr. Da kitties in
mineown howse usually avoid me cuz I'z kind of clumsy and I soemtimes
forget what my tail is doing and it waps da kitties.

It sounds like you'z got a house wif lots and lots of love.

Starr da Dog

Iowna perks up and smiles at Starr. "Thank you dear one. I am simply
giving advance notice so it is not too shocking that the end draws near
for me. I am after all, older than most of the kittahs here. When you
put it in human to doggie years, I am 112 as of 2Jul2018. If I make it
to 2JUL2019, I would be 119 in human years.

I am content. I have had a very WONDERFUL life of love and adventure
from my days as a champion agility dog to my later years you all have
seen when Carol-meowmie adopted me when I was human years 77 and gave
me unconditional love. Unlike so many, I have never known cruelty or
want. That is very unusual and especially for doggies that go blind
and lose their first home because they were working dogs who couldn't
be kept.

I have something Cash didn't have time to pass to you but asked me to.
It should have waited for the ball, but I do not think I will make the
next ball. Iowna reaches into a bag at her waist and pulls out a
slightly faded but once hot pink wide scrunchy just right to be perfect
on a tail. A tiny bell hangs on the end.

Perhaps, you can wear this to the ball, in memory of Cash and to warn
the kittahs?

Iowna