Old April 2nd 16, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeßus[_5_]

Default Claw Clipping Help

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 09:03:39 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 3/30/2016 11:56 PM, Je?us wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 18:47:01 -0400, jmcquown
I was going to ask why she needs her claws clipped, but it's because
Buffy is strictly an indoor cat? Sorry, I haven't a suggestion other
than to take her to a vet to get her done. Then again, I wonder if an
animal shelter volunteer might be willing to help?

She's an indoor cat, yes. It wasn't all that long ago there was a 5
foot alligator in my back yard. There have been reports of rabid
raccoons in the area, too. Seeing as how raccoons often wander onto the
patio and peer in the back door... nope, she stays inside.

I can see why!

Another thought - would Buffy claw a piece of wood to wear her claws
down? My two often go nuts on the verandah floor and sides with their
claws, presumably to file them down.

She has a horizontal scratcher she likes. And a short cat-tree with
wooden legs and she does claw at those. Doesn't seem to do anything
more than sharpen them!

Damn