Old November 10th 16, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default I do NOT spoil my cats!

On 11/10/2016 1:35 PM, Bastette wrote:
John Kasupski wrote:

Remember, cats don't care at all if they wake you up out of a deep sleep
because they want to play, or get a snack, or be petted, or just to be
obnoxious.

I haven't quite figured out yet exactly what motivates my 14-week old Tabby
kitten to wake me up, but she seems to decide to do so about 50% of the time,
with my bladder doing the honors the remainder of the time.

The thing is that when she does decide I've slept long enough, I awaken to a
furry little bundle of pure cuteness and affection who is standing on the bed
about six inches from my face, purring loudly and gently licking my nose, and
for this reason I find it impossible to consider her behavior obnoxious!

My RB cat Roxy used to do this. I'd wake up to her climbing on me, sticking
her nose in my ear and purring loudly (well, her purr wasn't that loud, but
anything directly in your ear is!), and kneading me through the covers. Then
she'd settle down to sleep there. That was really sweet and not at all
annoying.

Licky wakes me up by sitting on the floor by the bed and yowling loudly. He
doesn't always want the same thing. Usually it just comes down to attention.
He either wants me to pet him (reasonable) or play with him (no way). But
even in the latter case, when I've turned on the light, I see that he has a
toy on the floor in the hope that I'll get up and throw it for him, and it's
so cute that i don't get mad. However, he usually ends up outside the
bedroom with the door closed. He doesn't try to get me to play much anymore
since it has never gotten him results.

Joyce

Your mention of purring in the ear reminded me of Herbie (RB). He was a
little love bug, which is how he got his name. My mother came for a
visit once while he was still fairly young. The next morning she told
me that she had wakened in the night to find that he was curled up on
top of her ear (She was lying on her side), purring loudly. She loved
it! I think he converted her. Before that, she had been strictly a dog
person.