Old October 31st 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Default Rolecall: RPCA Rainbow Bridge kitties

I still miss Jazz. He left us for the RB after 12 years
of being a sometimes nasty, but always loving kitty.
Lily never knew him but I have a picture of her as a
kitten on top of the computer monitor looking at Jazz's
..jpg. It always gives me pleasure to see that. Bast bless
all our furbabies who have given us years of love and
joy.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

"Gandalf" wrote in message
It seems like the past 6 months there have been *so many* RPCA kitties
going to the Bridge.

By my count, no less than 11 RPCA cats have gone to the Bridge, just
since June.

I'm sorry to say that it is getting very hard to remember all of the RB
kitties, so they can be properly honored.

So I thought it would be nice to have a thread with all of the RPCA RB
kitties names in it.

I'll start.

Both of my RB kitties have been gone for a long time, although I still
miss them every day. They are buried in my back yard, under my lilac
bushes. There are stone markers where I laid them to rest.

My wonderful, outgoing, extremely friendly tuxedo lady, Lucky, went to
the Bridge on June 9, 1999, before I found RPCA. She shared 16 years
with me.

My sweet, gentle, loving all white cat, Blizzard, went to the Bridge in
April 10th, 2001. I was blessed with a long full life with her.

Some of the old timers here may remember when Blizzard went deaf, and
gave me advice to cope with her loss of hearing.

In her last year of life, Blizzard began to have trouble jumping up on
the sofa and my bed, and again I received very helpful advice from the
good people here on RPCA to help Blizzard with her decreased mobility.

I was very blessed in that both of my RB kitties lived long full lives,
and suffered no illness, until the very end.

Many other RPCA kitties have not been so fortunate, I'm very sorry to
say.

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha