Old December 31st 05, 06:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default I can feel my cat's spine, very boney in that region, confused and concerned!

Hi there,

Sounds like your cat has suddenly lost a lot of weight. Please have a
vet do blood tests and check him out right away.

We also had a cat that suddenly lost weight, his problem turned out to
be diabetes. There are many other things that can happen though -- renal
problems, tooth infections, etc. Please note any other symptoms to tell
the vet such as peeing more than normal, problems with chewing,
lethargy, anything different that you notice.

Let us know how he's doing.

Rhonda

Mike wrote:

I own 2 cats. They are both 13 years old. One cat is has developed a
very boney spine. I mean that one cat has a lot more meat and its
harder to detect his spine. The other has only a thin layer of skin
and you can fell his spine. Is this a disease anybody is aware off?I
appreciate any thoughts or ideas from this concerned cat owner!