Old September 25th 14, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Daisy-chan wanders about

ann791 wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

On 9/22/2014 7:33 PM, cshenk wrote:
Community Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

OoFeliyaa peers from the bushes. She's already sneaked in twice
when folks were busy and snagged a lot of kibble. She has 2
babies on her back and she can't read well but she understands
'free'.

She shuffles up carefully then takes residence with her 2
babies. She already has breakfast for them all off the table.
She watched for hours and knows no one here will hurt her or
her babies. With that thought, the mommie opossum cuddles her
babies and goes to sleep.

[After watching the possum family settle in, Big Mama prepares a
small mesh bag loaded with pemmican and dried fruit and quietly
deposits it just outside the tent, then retires to her own RV for
the night.]

Daisy-chan shuffles out of the pile for a moment. Comfy as she was,
she has to go pee. Taking care of business, she sees a small bag by
the other tent. Peering in, she hears 2 babies and 1 momma possum.
She wanders back to thier own food cache and snags out some stuff
to add to the net bag then goes back in her tent and pushes in the
middle of a sleeping Iowna and Cash. Shortly soft purrs mixed with
doggie snuffles are all you can hear.

Lucy Lu hears cats moving about and looks out to see what is going
on. She sees the things in front of the tent. She knows possum's like
shinny things and finds some strands of beads and puts them by the
tent with a note." We are friendly kitties and doggies and will not
hurt you or your babies. Join us for breakfast."

Lucy Lu

Morning slowly dawns and the sounds of folks rushing about with morning
ablutions begins.

Iowna heading to go pee sniffs a facinating aroma and stops by their
second tent to sniff. Peering in with her head cocked to the side, she
says"Hai! I'z Iowna. Dez gonta ring da Brekfast bell soon. I'z
putted sum more fuds inna bag bai your door dat others started."

OoFeliyaa is both charmed and confused because Iowna is talking to a
pole tent 2 feet from her but she shrugs and thinks she is nice even if
a little strange.

Iowna says: "I'z going morning potty. Iffin you aire not sure where we
goes, you kin follow me anna I kin sniff us right back to here!"
Grinning OoFeliyaa rousts the babies and sets off after Iowna.

Kittahs and doggies who didn't know about the guests who dropped in,
are startled to see a little blind beagle leading an Opossum with 2
babies off to the doggie pee area but they grin and take it in stride.

Taking care of morning needs, Iowna helps keep the 2 babies from
wandering too far by licking them until they giggle. She's facinated
when they jump back on OoFeliyaa's back for the trip back.

As Iowna sniffs the way back she smells Cash and gives him a morning
lick as he heads down. Daisy-chan, yawning is following him and gives a
yawn with a wave to OoFeliyaa.

As they head back to the tent, they hear the breakfast bell ring. 2
Babies detach and run with a laughing Momma trying to catch up as they
run for breakfast.

OMG! They have their favorite! Mouse and eggs!!!