Old October 20th 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Default Superflous de-worming?

"Rene S." wrote in message

I've taken in a stray kitten which I think is about 11-12 weeks old
(it's getting pretty cold here now, and he/she would've been likely to
have frozen to death soon). I'm in the process of worming it right now.
It'll be living indoors from now on, but I was told the other day by a
pharmacist to worm the kitten every three months.

In some cases, a kitten/cat may need multiple doses of a de-wormer to
completely eliminate the parasites, but I have never heard of worming
every three months "just because," especially since this kitty will be
staying indoors.

a Pharmacist is not a vet. I have never heard of every three months
unless they get them again

Rule of thumb WHEN IN DOUBT CALL YOUR VET. This rule will save your furball
always

Unless the worms come back which sometimes does happens specially if you
get a flea infestation do you have to redo the medication. I live in
Florida and even though my furballs are indoors. The fleas travel on you
and it leds to them sometimes getting the tapeworms when I see them one
little pill and they are gone.

If I am correct I am sure one of the regulars will correct me if I am wrong
Advantage makes a multi formula that does ear mites heart worm tapeworms
ticks and fleas