Old October 12th 12, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Feral cat problem

Bill Graham wrote:
Bill Graham wrote:
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Pon o:
Do you expect this to be a growing problem in the future? I don't
remember feral cats being a problem until a few yrs. ago.

When I was about 15, back in 1950, I worked as a bus boy in a restaurant
in Lynbrook, Long Island, New Your. The diwhwsher would take out the
garbage, and spill a lot of it on the ground, which the feral cats wold eat.
In a year, there would be hundreds of cats waiting for Jack to take out the
garbage. Mrs Frazer, who owned the3 restaurant would call the ASPCA who
would come and trap these cats every year and put (I presume) them to sleep.
Then Jack would start working on next years batch....... So, feral cats have
always been a problem, to someone, somewhere....