Old October 31st 12, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default I spoke too soon (about the cat sitting)

I swear, I need to learn to say "no" to my neighbor when she asks me to cat
sit. She *assures* me there is plenty of cat food and cat litter, but that
is never the case!

Schwartzie is on the same prescription (k/d) kibble Persia eats. She left
about 1/3 of a 4 lb. bag with instructions to just add a scoop to what is
left from the day before. When I went over this morning the bowl was empty!
I put two scoops in his bowl and looked in the bag... there *might* be
enough for another couple of days. I've been adding a little of Fedders'
c/d to try to stretch it, but there's not much of that left, either. There
is plenty of Fancy Feast but they aren't supposed to eat only that. sigh

As for kitty litter... I used up the remainder of the Tidy Cat's jug (there
was only about 1/4 of it left) yesterday morning. I saw a box of Arm &
Hammer kitty litter right there, so I thought no problem! Except the box
has been opened and is only half full! She has two cats, one litter box and
it needs to be scooped twice a day. I don't think this is going to last
until she gets home Saturday night.

Okay, I can take over a bag of cat litter since I got a great deal on Cat's
Pride scoopable clumping litter (10 lbs. for $1.50 after the coupon!). But
I pay $34 a bag for the prescription food for Persia and I'm not about give
it away just because she didn't plan ahead.

I really don't understand it. If I was going out of town for a week I'd
make sure I had at least two weeks worth of *everything*. Next time, unless
I can inspect her supplies the day before she leaves, I won't just take her
word for it. I should have learned by now.

Sorry, just venting again. I do love her cats. They're sweet, loveable
boys. But this is bordering on ridiculous.

Jill