Old May 14th 05, 11:57 PM
Phil P.

"animzmirot" wrote in message
Got our kitty back from the vet this morning. $1129.14 poorer, I might

add.
He was in the vets for 3 nights, Highlights of the bill were
hospitalization charges including "biowaste management" ($3.99 ea) at
$122.40 per night, $120 for a CBC and chemistries, $114 for 1/2 hour
anesthesia, $122 for the urinary obstruction, and $102 for the saline IV.

They did give us a 10 lb bag of C/D food complementary. Big whoop!

You might want to speak to your vet about the canned version of c/d. Dry
c/d is less efficacious than canned c/d. The benefits of canned c/d are
increased water intake and water turnover- which results in the dilution of
noxious substances in urine; more frequent urination which- decreases
bladder contact time with urine, and eliminates crystal particles before
they
aggregate or accrete into larger and larger crystals and uroliths/plugs that
can obstruct the urethra.

Phil

..