Old May 15th 05, 12:01 AM
Karen

in article , Hopitus at
wrote on 5/14/05 4:13 PM:

Hey, I'm not getting into the food arguments....but I'm curious about
something: when my male cats got blocked (long time ago, in 80's and 90's)
vets in s.FL did some kinda surgery that (not to get obscene here) actually
"made him a girl" and forever made blockage extremely unlikely....former
boycats peed like girls after the whole thing (I personally never understood
what this surgery consisted of, just happy cats' lives were saved). Did -
for all that $ - vet "make him a girl" urinary-wise?

For some cats, this is the only way to keep them from blocking again. It is
very successful. Don't remember the technical term but it is a PU. And yes,
basically it does give them a wider "girl like" passage. That is the problem
boys have. the uretha is so narrow blockage is a real problem.