Old October 8th 04, 12:44 PM
blkcatgal

The onions and garlic were a little over half way down the list of
ingredients. My cat ate probably about 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of the mayo. He
did throw up about 45 minutes later, and there was some of the mayo remnants
in what he threw up, but I know he probably ingested some of it. He seems
to be doing okay this morning. No more vomiting since that one incident.

S.
"Phil P." wrote in message

"blkcatgal" wrote in message
My year old cat got into some mayonnaise that was on the kitchen counter

and
ate some of it. About a hour after he ate the mayo, he threw up and you
could see some of the remnants of the mayo.

Is mayonnaise bad for cats? I read the ingredients and they included

dried
garlic and dried onion which I know isn't good for cats.

*Any* form of onion is a no no for cats - can cause hemolytic anemia. How
far down were onions listed on the ingredients list? How much did your
cat
eat?

Also, gotta watch high fat treats because they cause a imbalance in the
cat's caloric intake. If they eat too much fat they'll meet their energy
needs and stop eating before their nutritional needs are met.

Phil