Old April 10th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ginni

Default Shedding Madness

Wow!

Thanks for all of the advice! I will be going to get the furminator
this weekend, and I'm going to try to switch the girls to wet food.
The only reason I'm concerned about the wet food, is that I'm a
graduate student, and not always home at 12 hour intervals. I try to
be home as much as possible, but my schedule isn't always that
regular, and the girls are VERY picky about food. Would it be ok for
me to feed a wet food (Wellness seems to be the most popular "good"
wet food) at 12 hour intervals when possible, but still leave out dry
food just in case I can't get the wet food to them on time?

Stress seems to be the other factor. She was an indoor cat before I
got her, with about 40 other cats in a cattery. It seems she may be
having a little trouble adjusting to my first cat (Galt - who's spinal
injury is getting much better - for those of you who read that post).
Galt is aggressive, and can be intimidating to Dagny, who is very shy
and skittish. Dagny is becoming more comfortable around Galt
(partially because of Galt's immobility). How can I reduce her stress
further?

Thanks,
Ginni