Old November 16th 03, 04:54 PM
Betsy

There are 2 simple things you need to do, and I hope you do them quickly.

On is stop letting the cat out. It is easier done than you think. I have
done it before (once with 11 cats for a full year inside one house) and
we've all managed fine. Or perhaps you can rig your backyard to keep the
cat in.

Next, find another vet. It won't hurt anybody's feelings, we all do it all
the time with human doctors, so I can't imagine why we stress over it with
vets.

These things may very well save your cats life!

"Teddy" wrote in message
My black, long-haired 2 1/2 year old male kitty has a UTI and cystitis.
I've had to the vets 4 times since early Sept. The first time he had
been missing for aday and a half and came home sick with cornmeal
looking stuff on his back. I thought he'd been poisoned but vet said
no. Bear had a fever and vet gave me some charcoal stuff to give him
'just in case'. The next time he couldn't deficate after being missing
again. They had a hard time getting all the 'stuff' out of him. Then he
didn't get better and the vet being distracted b personal problems
thought he was having the same problem and didn't catch his uti. This
time she did so I'm giving him antibiotics twice a day. He hasn't been
eating anyhing except a little tuna and juice. I force fluids into his
mouth 3 times a day. None of my cats will touch the special food he is
supposed to eat. And he has lost 3 lbs!