Old March 21st 04, 09:19 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 05:16:03 GMT, wrote:

Mark Edwards wrote:

snip
I've never heard of an apartment complex that can only have heat
*or* AC, and that all apartments have the same thing at the same time.
What happens during seasonal transitions, such as early spring or late
fall, when the weather goes back and forth between warm and cold??

I know of a couple of the bigger complexes here (SW Oklahoma) that do
this. They're both places which have central heat/air and the rent
includes utilities.

OTOH, it's one of the common complaints we used to have in the Army.
Until that magic date when winter or summer had officially arrived, no
one could switch over. I imagine that the heat is still on out on the
post now, and we had a couple days reach the 80s this past week. The
guys in the barracks will have all the windows and doors open, and the
CQ will spent the night having to go around telling them to shut them
to "conserve energy". Just one of those little things I DON'T miss now
that I've retired ;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]