Old August 7th 03, 08:51 AM
Arjun Ray

In , "bewtifulfreak"
wrote:
| "Arjun Ray" wrote in message
|

| If you're talking about Barbara Peale, Google is your friend:
|
| I wasn't, actually.

Sorry, I assumed you were. I suppose I should add, then, that animal
abusers aren't the only ones who don't get courtesy from me.

| What you still haven't provided a coherent argument for is what some
| people call "jeopardy style" (where the answer precedes the question).
|
| I did explain my reasoning, but you obviously disagree with it. Fair
| enough.

Have you read all the links at the allmyfaqs.com wiki?

It's telling that no one has added to the wiki anything in favor of TOFU
(a term coined in the de.* hierarchy: "Text Oben, FullQuote Unten")

|| I use what comes with my browser.
|
| Usenet is not an adjunct of the WWW.
|
| No, but I prefer to get my newsgroups along with my mail.

Mail isn't an adjunct of the WWW either, so I still don't see what a
browser has to do with it. ;-)

| I will explore the other options you've linked to, but most of the
| stand-alone newsreaders I've tried seemed far more complex than I
| wanted to bother with.

I think you should have said "less familiar". OE's inteface is far from
"simple"; in fact, it can be stupefyingly misleading (due, of course, to
the fact that the designers and programmers hadn't the first clue about
usenet). Defective software may explain, but does not excuse - much
less justify - poor posting practices. And, unfortunately, most people
make heavy weather of admitting gaffes (such, as in this context, having
been led up the garden path by OE's posting interface.)