Old June 14th 04, 11:36 AM
Hi Im WEEniE with MyFav4ite Midi

Stray kitten - feed or ignore?

Group: rec.pets.cats.rescue Date: Sat, Jun 12, 2004, 6:21am (EDT+4)
From: (Ivanna)
"Rhonda"
Finding another home would be great, but if you can't -- there are many
spay and release programs.
So she would be spayed and then released back out to the wild or to me?
I have never heard of that.
I would keep feeding her, at any rate. I just can't stand to see a cat
starve, and it sounds like you can't either!
Lol, I carried a caterpillery thing out of the house this morning rather
than flush it! If she keeps visiting, she will be eating.

I live in West Springfield,Mass.There is this woman in the Spfld area
who does just that. She does it legally by getting property owners
permission to set some kind of houses up in their yard plus those safe
traps.She has food put out or them too & what she does is get the cat
fixed,wormed & shots & the cat end up with a tattoo marking on it's ear.
Male cats would be brought back the next day but the female cats she
will keep for a couple more days then do the same thing. But she only
does ferrals.Of course it won't stop someone who can't afford to put
their own cat inne of those traps to get a freebee done.Now would it?