Old June 13th 05, 12:14 AM
John F. Eldredge

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:42:59 +0100, "Adrian" wrote:

Jo Firey wrote:
When I grew up in Washington we had a road that kind of looped around
the north part of town. When I was little it was called University
Lane. Then it got busier and wider and changed to University Avenue.
More years and it became University Boulevard. Not sure what they
call it now.

As I understand it, an avenue is lined with trees,

One odd street name here in Nashville, Tennessee is "Harding Place".
Place is the French cognate to the Spanish word plaza, meaning a city
square, but Harding Place is a ring road extending about 1/4 of the
way around Nashville.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from