Old September 12th 10, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Ulcerated Tongue

"rose ricciuto" wrote in message
The vet did a biopsy of her tongue and it was cancer.
She'd been on special food for her diabetes for several years now so
stuff your dry kibble

You did the right thing....When our, "Missy" stopped eating a few years ago,
we called the vet immediately. She operates a roving vet service, mostly for
cats, and she came by the house in a few hours, and told us that Missy had
jaw cancer, and had to be put down. We had no way of knowing this in
advance, because she didn't exhibit any pain, and it was only when she
stopped eating that we realized something was wrong with her. She must have
been suffering badly for the last few weeks, but with cats, there is no way
to tell because they suffer in silence. To do otherwise in the wild would be
to tip off predators to your vulnerable condition.