Old October 30th 03, 04:03 AM
lrulan

Purrs and prayers for all the animals in the fire area. We hope they are all
saved.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
news:7f54cae91ae23f2f2f8338aaad70f114.117863@mygat e.mailgate.org...
The fires in southern California have burned beyond the areas where I
ane my family members live. But they are still burning and still
growing.

There is a wolf rescue center in Lucerne Valley, CA (Wolf Mountain
Sanctuary, www.wolfmountain.com). They provide a home for 17 rescued
wolves. The fire hasn't reached Lucerne Valley yet, but it's likely that
it'll reach there before long. I'm trying to coordinate some outside
resources to help get the wolves evacuated, but it's proving to be a
monumental task. These wolves could use your best and strongest rescue
purrs.

In San Diego County, just outside the community of Julian, is another
wolf rescue center (California Wolf Center). The situation in Julian is
so severe that all residents have been evacuated - in some cases
involuntarily. The staff at the rescue center had to leave as well. It
will be several days before the rescue center staff will be able to find
out the fate of the wolves under their care. The situation is such that
no further rescue efforts are possible - nobody can get into the area.
We jsut have to wait, pray, and see how things stand when the fire is
gone.

These two wolf centers could use all of the purrs and prayers you can
spare.

Dan