Old January 22nd 04, 02:31 AM
Elizabeth Blake

"dgk" wrote in message
I passed a new pet store yesterday so I stopped in to pick up some
whatevers. They had a brand of food I hadn't noticed before called
PetGuard. The label seemed reasonable and I bought a few varieties. No
Turkey. The boys just don't like turkey and I won't waste money on it.

I tried out the first can this morning. Rabbit and Rice. Rice I figure
they can do without but maybe the Rabbit would be ok. I peeled the lid
off and stuck a fork into it. Very hard stuff. Perhaps a chisel would
work better? I chipped it out with the fork.

I've given mine PetGuard in the past. I also saw the rabbit flavor and
decided to try that. I thought I had gotten a bad batch, because the stuff
was near impossible to pry out of the can. The cats wouldn't touch it, and
the other two cans went into the trash. They did like some other flavors
(beef stew? and something chicken) but I decided to stay away from the more
out-there flavors.

Liz