Old October 31st 04, 06:18 AM
Mary

"SvendlHo" wrote in message
I went to the adoption shelter where we got one of our cats and talked to

the
lady who runs it. She explaned that the best course of action might be to

trap
this cat and have it put down. Her theory: adult ferrals are difficult to
treat, to catch, and especially to medicate for a long term recovery.

Also, if
the wound is getting worse, she will die a painful death, better to end

her
suffering. Not the news I wanted to hear. I'm securing some traps but I'm

not
sure I want to give this cat it's last ride. I will make some more calls

for
other opinions and suggestions, but my wife cautioned me that I can't keep
calling places until someone tells me they can save it. This is so

depressing.
Updates as I get them.

Carl

One more thing: if this is so depressing to you, why can't you trap the cat,
pay for its surgery/treatment and take care of it. You could afford to
declaw and spay three beautiful kittens. Surely you can afford to save this
feral you care so deeply about.