Old January 31st 15, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
buglady[_2_]

Default Flea meds

On 1/31/2015 3:05 PM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 13:48:24 -0500, buglady
wrote:
.....borax or Fleabusters. Is the floor of the basement dirt or
concrete? If concrete you could try dehumidifier also.

Really, BL, if you have a bad flea infestation, over-the-counter
products ain't going to cut the mustard.

...............Fleabusters can be applied by professionals and used to be
only available through pest control people. My neighbor called an
exterminator and they used an IGR spray, which you can buy over the
counter. Neither of these products kills instantly, unless they've
juiced up the IGR with permethrins or pyrethrins, neither of which are
good for cats, but people who ignored fleas for months want instant
results I guess. Personally I'm not fond of dust with either
diatomaceous earth or borax, so I use an IGR, which lasts for months.

A box of 10 bottles of Precor is 50 bucks. Nygar is resistant to
breakdown by sunlight, Precor is not.
Over the counter does not mean second rate.
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/fleas-c-24.html

buglady
take out the dog before replying