Old June 15th 16, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Goofy Rainbow bridge also

Matt Ferrari wrote:

I didn't mean to take over on mayhems(RB) thread.

Goofy had been declining in health. he was losing weight had stopped eating
as much and then started filling up with fluid.

The night before his vet visit he didn't sleep well like on his side as
usual. His breathing was very heavy.
The vet examined him and guessed he probably had heart failure or some other
cancer related issue that was causing the weight loss and fluid build up.
There was no guarantee that any treatment would extend his life or work.
Because Goofy was 16 we decided to send him to the bridge rather than let
him decline more. It was a very peaceful end. I stayed with him all the way
through. Goofy didn't suffer at all at the end.

It was a loving sacrifice. Very painful to go through though, I knew it was
gonna hurt but not this much.

Thanks for your words of kindness

I'm so sorry, Matt! I've always enjoyed your posts about Goofy and the
cute pictures that you usually included. He will be missed. :-(

Joyce