Old January 5th 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Dry-cleaning a cat recovering from surgery?

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 20:42:24 -0600, Poobah wrote:

Mephisto is recovering from urethroplasty and is wearing a collar for
another week. I've been brushing him regularly, but I need to give him a
dry bath to get rid of the smell of urine. I'd like to avoid using
commercial foam products because of their heavy perfumes, and I don't want
to get the cat wet because of his still-healing surgery wound.

Are there household products that I can use to make a sort of kitty dry-
cleaning product?

poobah

I have used those flushable wipes sold alongside diapers. I figure a
product that is mild enough for a baby's ass probably won't cause
problems for a cat.

Charlie