Old September 13th 03, 06:34 AM
GAUBSTER2

I honestly don't know whether or not they use feeding trials. Can you prove
that they don't or are you just saying it to bash them?

I'm not bashing anyone, I'm simply pointing out facts and reality. If you
don't believe me, pick up a can and read the AAFCO statement. Since AAFCO
standards are so easy to pass, why don't they even try?

"8 dogs older than 1 yr. must start the test. At start all dogs must be
normal
weight & health. A blood test is to be taken from each dog at the start and
finish of the test. For 6 months, the dogs used must only eat the food being
tested. The dogs finishing the test must not
lose more than 15% of their body weight. During the test, none of the
dogs used are to die or be removed because of nutritional causes. 6
of the 8 dogs starting must finish the test."

This is take from AAFCO directly. So, according to them, 25% of the dogs
being
tested can die while eating the food being tested, and the food will still
pass.

You're reading this completely wrong and inserting your biases into it. If at
least 6 of the 8 dogs must finish the test....that doesn't mean that 2 of the
dogs have to die. They must simply FINISH the test. Why do you assume the
worst?