Old March 21st 08, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Paul Jackson

Default Anyone know of feral cat advocates in Orlando, FL?

alisont via CatKB.com wrote:
There was a cat near a place I frequent that was obviously not feral but
apparently abandoned. I was feeding him regularly and it got so he would
recognize my car and come running when I pulled in. Then the place started
getting upset with him and was making noises about "getting rid of him" My
allergies won't let me keep more than two cats so I tried very hard to find a
place that I could take hime to be taken care of and rehomed. Every place I
called kept giving me instructions on how to introduce a new cat to my
household. They just didn't get it. I finally called a place called RAIN
(Rescuing Animals in Need) and they gave me great instructions on how to
capture him and had me take him straight to a vet where he was nuetered and
then fostered until he could get a home. They might be able to help.

http://www.rescuinganimalsinneed.org/

Thank you for the link! I will certainly contact them and see what they
suggest.