Old February 22nd 05, 11:40 PM
Kelly

Your message touches the hearts of all cat lovers here. I am so so sorry
for you loss. I know how hard it is to be without him. You did great
things for Elvis, and please remember this includes having the ability to
stop his pain, and send him on to a better place. Please do not feel
guilty, for this ability is something very precious. Reach out to your
friends, family, vets, and people in this newsgroup who will be able to
relate with your loss. These are the people that will help you get through
this very difficult time. Elvis will never be forgotten, cherish the good
memories you have of him. Take care,
Kelly

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
....and my heart is gone with him. I did take him to U of Penna. The
bottom line was that he was critically ill - his prognosis
no matter what was poor. For them to keep him in the ER tonite and IF he
lived the night, which they thought he may not, to transfer him to their
ICU and do aggressive work on him would have been $3000-$4000. That was
without a diagnosis, further treatment, surgery if necessary, and his
prognosis was still poor. He was THAT sick. So I had to let him go. He
was still purring, looking into my eyes & I was petting him telling him
how much Ioved him. It was horrible. I feel so guilty. He trusted me
and I let him go.
They put him in a brown box and later today or tomorrow my husband will
bury him with the other two I've lost in the last 4 years.
I just would like to crawl in there myself. I guess I did what most
people would have done but I still feel so guilty.
I can't believe he's gone. I'm just going crazy now. Thank you all for
your advice & good thoughts. Elvis was the sweetest cat. He was my
buddy - always around me. I just don't know what I'm going to do without
him.