Old February 22nd 12, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Crazy and odd pet laws

Sherry wrote:
On Feb 22, 8:43 am, Sherry wrote:

To backtrack: I don't think there's anything wrong with raising
livestock
for slaughter. It's probably the smart thing to do if you eat meat,
and want to really
control what's in the meat you consume. What I meant was, I'd get
too attached. I'd probably even get emotionally attached to a chicken.

Sherry

I have a (vegetarian) friend who raises chickens. She has no problem
with eating eggs (since they are infertile, lacking a rooster), but when
a chicken dies, she holds a "funeral" for it, as she does for deceased cats.