Old April 8th 14, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet,free.spirit
John Doe

Default Dry food addict. Refuses anything else

High quality foods have the same nutrient levels whether they are
wet or dry. Wet is more likely to include preservatives since
bacteria grow in moisture. Dry food can be moistened without
leaving it "sitting around". Wet food causes tooth rot, that's why
all dental health cat food is dry.

This thing probably gets its "science" from wiki****...

--

Path: eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!usenet.blueworldhosting.com!feeder01 .blueworldhosting.com!peer03.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!cm18no582466qab.0!news-out.google.com!du2ni3360qab.0!nntp.google.com!Xl.t ags.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nnt p.giganews.com!local2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.e arthlink.com!news.earthlink.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:52:31 -0400
From: buglady buglady99 bigfoot.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Dry food addict. Refuses anything else

On 4/7/2014 1:21 PM, John Doe wrote:
Jane B jblatz2 gmail.com wrote:

Now that I've read how much healthier canned food over dry

Let me guess, you read that on Wiki****? You should consider the
source of that nonsense.

.............I think it's time you did a little reading and understood
the physiology of cats. They're obligate carnivores, have no need of
carbs at all. They're desert animals and tend to conserve water and do
not have the thirst mechanism that dogs do, such as get hot, drink a
lot. You'll rarely see a cat stand at the water bowl sucking down a lot
of water in one go unless it's very hot or they've got HT or kidney
issues. Every time they eat dry food, they need to drink water to be
able to digest it. Since they're not big drinkers cats on dry food only
are continually short on water, which is not a good thing, for male cats
in particular.

There is nothing wrong with dry food for most cats. The only
difference between dry and wet food is that wet food is wet.

.........Wrong.

You
can manually wet dry food.

..........Yah sure and let it sit around and grow mold after it's wet.
You'd be surprised how fast that happens as grains are more likely to be
contaminated with mold that canned food.

Of course you should provide fresh
water at all times especially if you do not manually wet it.

Purina Veterinary Diets are outrageously expensive and they come
in wet or dry. I just spent a fortune on it. The idea that the dry
version is not the same as the wet version is just silly.

............Do some homework. Carbs are needed for kibble to be formed
so for the most part it is usually higher in carbs than canned, unless
it's cooked floor sweepings. Go look at the hyperthyroid thread and
read a vet endocrinologist's take on cat food.

buglady
take out the dog before replying