Old August 12th 07, 12:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Default Please Help - 8 yr old Cat w/ Sore on Head

Sherry wrote:
Yes, yes, yes. This is all true. I spend an entire summer having to go
to a
wound clinic to heal an incision.

You did? Ouch!! Hope you are feeling better!

Peroxide kills the new cells that
are trying to
form as the wound tries to heal. Never use peroxide on any wound
except for
the initial cleaning of the wound.
FWIW, I had a cat who had a minor scab on his head once, and ended up
losing
hair around it the size of a dime or so. The vet said a bacterial
infection caused the
hair loss, gave us some Panalog to put on it, and it cleared up.
Weirdly enough,
the hair grew back in white. (this was a black cat).

That's really common, especially for wounds caused by other cats. The
patch will be completely bald and completely round. It looks really
weird.

-L.