Old March 27th 13, 08:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_3_]

Default Diabetic Cat question

On Mar 3, 8:10*pm, wrote:
I have a diabetic cat who was diagnosed last week. *We have been giving him insulin shots twice a day. *His litter mate, a female (both are 8 years old) has been hissing and growling at him since we returned from the vets. *They both went to the vets for their regular checkups, so its not like he came home from the vets to a cat that hadn't gone. *My question is, can the insulin make a cat "smell" different, that would cause the hissing/growling? *My vet had never heard of anything like this. *I would love for this to stop as they have always been very affectionate toward each other. *The only time they ever did this is when one went to the vets and the other stayed home.

How come you let it get fat.....?