Old May 26th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default O.T. Memorial day in the U.S.

Ann wrote:
Tomorrow in the U.S. we are celebrating Memorial day. It is really on
may 30 but everything here is turned into a 3 day weekend.

Yeah, I was totally surprised to find it's the 26th instead of the 30th!

It's not a day for car sales or 50 percent off a TV set. It's a day to
remember all the veterans who fought and died in wars.

I'm remembering my father. He served in WWII, Korea & Vietnam. This is
what Memorial Day is about. Not cookouts/BBQ's. I suppose that's a nice
way to spend time with family on this "holiday" but please take a moment to
remember what others did so that you are able to have this holiday weekend.
Thanks, Dad!

Jill