Old December 28th 04, 07:02 PM
dgk

On 28 Dec 2004 17:57:33 GMT, pam (Mary) wrote:

Do folks just get an electric clipper and shave that part off? She is
not going to sit still for this I can reasonably assume.

I personally think you should have the groomer do it. You can just ask them to
shave her butt area only, no bath or blowdry. In the future always keep her
butt fur trimmed short to make cleanup easier for her.

If she still has diarrhea, you need to treat that. You need to find a food that
won't give her diarrhea. With my cat I baked a chicken and mixed that 50/50
with enriched grain wild rice in cut up chunks. I gave him only that to eat and
katz'n'flodder (sp?). If I gave him anything else, he got diarrhea.

She's had diarrhea since I got here several months back. It appears to
be IBD. She's on 7.5 mg of prednisone per day, a gel in the ear. It
has gotten a bit better. I had another cat with it (it killed him
eventually) and went through all the advice. Much of it is
contradictory. For instance, many folks say not to use any grain, but
you use rice. Sheba has been suggested as being pretty much
grain-free. All seem to agree to stay away from dry food but she
barely eats that anyway. The other cats eat that. Wellness has been
suggested. I have her eating that, and the Merrick and PetGuard.

She has no teeth so everything has to be fairly mushy. The vet thinks
that she has pretty advanced IBD and that there really isn't much to
be done. Hopefully it is the kind that does not develop into Lymphoma.