Old October 2nd 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Default Progress report on Kitty Farmcat

Prayers and purrs for the both of you

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

She was diagnosed with CRF a few weeks ago and TED said the best chance
would be if she ate this particular diet all the time.
She loved it at first, but now she doesn't.
I was so paranoid about her not eating anything else that I fed her in the
spare bedroom so she could not eat Boyfie's food. It was a nightmare. If
I shut her in the bedroom she could not get to her litterbox in the
bathroom. If I left the door open Boyfie would sneak upstairs and eat her
kidney diet. Plus she decided she didn't like to be isolated to feed and
refused to eat except in the kitchen near Boyfie which is what she is used
to.

I've had to compromise. Boyfie is eating more chicken, turkey and white
fish cat food than he ever has in his life to eat alongside Kitty. I
sneak a pouch of kidney diet in for her as often as I can.
She seems quite well, considering. She's stopped peeing everywhere and
uses her litterbox in the bathroom. Her appetite is still good so I guess
we are on track for the moment.
Talking about the litterbox in the bathroom, I think it was Joyce who said
that her cat peed in her litterbox at the side of her toilet at the same
time that she was sitting on it herself - not the litterbox, the toilet...
Kitty did this too, today! I got up first thing in the morning and she
got up when she heard me and we both had full bladders. Synchronisation
took place.
LOL!

Tweed