Old October 2nd 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Default Progress report on Kitty Farmcat

Christina Websell wrote:
She was diagnosed with CRF a few weeks ago and TED said the best
chance would be if she ate this particular diet all the time.
She loved it at first, but now she doesn't.
I was so paranoid about her not eating anything else that I fed her
in the spare bedroom so she could not eat Boyfie's food. It was a
nightmare. If I shut her in the bedroom she could not get to her
litterbox in the bathroom. If I left the door open Boyfie would sneak
upstairs and eat her kidney diet. Plus she decided she didn't like to
be isolated to feed and refused to eat except in the kitchen near
Boyfie which is what she is used to.

I've had to compromise. Boyfie is eating more chicken, turkey and
white fish cat food than he ever has in his life to eat alongside
Kitty. I sneak a pouch of kidney diet in for her as often as I can.
She seems quite well, considering. She's stopped peeing everywhere
and uses her litterbox in the bathroom. Her appetite is still good
so I guess we are on track for the moment.
Talking about the litterbox in the bathroom, I think it was Joyce who
said that her cat peed in her litterbox at the side of her toilet at
the same time that she was sitting on it herself - not the litterbox,
the toilet... Kitty did this too, today! I got up first thing in the
morning and she got up when she heard me and we both had full
bladders. Synchronisation took place.
LOL!

Tweed

I'm glad Kitty's doing well, purrs for her to have a few years yet.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.