Old August 1st 16, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default away for three weeks

Jack Campin wrote:
Bastette wrote:
Jack Campin wrote:
I'm off to Hungary and Croatia for three weeks starting tomorrow.
Won't be able to access Usenet there. I'll report back on moggies
I meet.

Music festivals?

A folk music camp at Karad near Lake Balaton (the "Meta tabor"),
then I'm going to visit my stepdaughters in Rijeka.

And I'm back.

Not many cats to report from Hungary - the places I went, people
seemed to like ferocious guard dogs. There was one sweet little
kitten in the first hostel I stayed in in Budapest, the "Keramiapark"
(very odd outfit, its main business was ceramic workshops for children
but with a B&B on the side). She persuaded me to leave a sachet of
catfood behind for her.

Lots of cats around my stepdaughter's place - she lives on the third
floor of a five-storey block of flats and you can look down to see
them all mooching around the neighbours' gardens. She's a phenomenal
cat whisperer and has a young cat she took from being a feral kitten
to a lap fungus - I could pick him up and drape him round my neck
like a scarf. But it's not a big flat, it has lots of places where
he can perch and see the big outside, and he wants down there. She'd
have been better off with a fat, lazy old cat.