Old November 10th 03, 07:06 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Takayuki wrote:

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

His name is Jose Van Dam - he's a very fine Belgian bass-baritone, well
known in Europe and on the East Coast of the U.S. - not quite so well in
the Western states.

Any relation to Jean-Claude? Never mind.

Funny you should ask that! He tells the story that, when he sang for
the royal wedding of Belgium's king and queen, some prominent person in
the wedding party remarked upon how beautifully Jean-Claude Van Damme
had sung! (They do have the same last name - although the singer has
dropped the final "me" from his - but I think its a fairly common
surname in Belgium.)

I do hope you get your tickets. I love Wagner, too, and they never
seem to do his operas with any regularity.