Old October 23rd 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default How do I know if he is reblocking?

PawsForThought wrote:
wrote:
Now what does this have to do with cats? She reminds me of a cat,
albeit, one that had too many or too much of depressants in the system.

Okie dokie, then.......

I'm asking because Tension is an ER doc and I wonder what he thinks of
the ER care that went down in that hospital? Should they not have
suspected drug poisoning and given an antidote, not much danger if
useless, rather than watching the young guy die? Check his eyeballs, if
pinpoints, then assume drug overdose in an otherwise very healthy young
person. I doubt they have the malpractice rules in the Bahamas so not
much danger there.

When you read a story in the media, you are only getting very little
information. I'm sure the ER docs there did what was required and
necessary at the time. Unless a doctor is actually there, he is not
going to know the facts and circumstances. Asking Tension, just
because he's a physician, is kinda ridiculous, don't you think? But
then again....

How can you be so sure of the ER care in the Bahamas, and that
particular hospital? Are you serious or just making waves?

In any event, the two cases I mentioned - the people died because an
antidote was not given. There's no doubt about that. That is a sure
clue that nothing intelligent was done.

You don't think death is a good sign of competent care? The operation
was a success but the patient died? Tension is an emergency doc so I
was asking about a narcotic antogonist when you have someone who is
going to die before any blood tests can come back. A tough decision but
one that has to be made in narcotic overdoses. This is a question you
can ask of any ER doc because it's a good one.

I have also seen extraordinarily incompetent care in very highly rated
hospitals in the ER. One place, with a world famous reputation, took a
gun shot wound and left the victim unattended for 45 minutes. I was
there in the ER and saw that happen. That was an eye opener. And then I
saw an ER doc tell the family, who could not see what was happening,
everything is okay, don't worry. Yeah, right. My friend was the night
supervisor at this hospital and we discussed later what went down and
why the care was negligent. It's kind of a funny story except for the
young fellow who got shot.