Old May 4th 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
gfc

Default Attic Cat Is Out

Finally she came out but not by being trapped. This is what
happened: I was gone most of the afternoon and after I came home, I
checked the traps and they were empty. I went grocery shopping and
when I got home around 9:30, I sat at the computer and checked my
email. While I was sitting at my desk, I heard a meow. I turned
around and there she was on the floor about four feet away from me. I
had to stop for a minute and think whether I was seeing things, but
then I realized that she was THE cat. I only have one orange and
white cat and that was the one. So I went upstairs and found out that
the attic door was open again! We piled about 40 lbs in front of it
and I don't know how the cats can open that door. Now she is walking
around the house meowing and looking for a way out. It looks like
she's forgotten that this is the house where she lived for four
years. Hopefully, she'll settle down soon.
Needless to say, I am very relieved.
I want to thank all of you for your suggestions and support.
Gwen