Old November 7th 10, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Where is Everyone? Roll Call.

I am still here but sometimes it gets hard. I know people have problems but
it is hard to understand why some with as bad or worse have no patients for
others who do. Went on facebook but was too much junk came each day for me.
"Storrmmee" wrote in message
i mostly lurk now, don't have fb and don't want it, but have little to
contribute right now, and refuse to deal with things that stress me
anymore, one thing that has stuck with me from the fire is just how close
to being on the other side of the dirt everything i love was... now i am
following my clutter mantra for the emotional things in my life, if i don't
love it, if it doesn't make me better , or its not something that makes me
feel good i try, except for work, to not deal with it, in clutter, if you
aren't using it, don't love it or it doesn't have sentimental value you
get rid of it, posts are the same now for me, i read a first post in a
thread, if its not interesting/funny/educational i pretty much move on,

Lee
"CatNipped" wrote in message
Has UseNet finally been left behind / made redundant by Facebook? It's
sad
because it outlasted so many other internet innovations and messaging
systems since the old "bulletin board" days on which I started. It seems
now to be forsaken for Facebook - adding another few billions of dollars
Facebook's creator/thief (according to the movie, anyway).

Or is it just this particular group that has been deserted by those fed
up
with what it seems to have turned into these past two years (and, if so,
I'll have to take my fair share of the blame for that)? I don't know if
it
will make any difference, but I've made a promise to myself to stick
strictly to the subject of cats and friendly chat amongst cat slaves - no
matter what the provocation. I'm hoping that it's not too little, too
late.

Whatever the reason may be, I'm mourning the passage of this
unimaginable,
unequaled, fantastic and even magical bit of cyber friendship - amazed
that
it came to be in the first place. I remember the days when 200 new posts
per day was the norm, every troll was "recipied" out the door, political
and
religious threads would see hundreds of posts but not a single rude
comment.
*Everyone* felt welcomed, cherished and appreciated for who and what they
are/were - ailurophiles (thank you David Stevenson for teaching me that
word).

I *SO* miss my dear friends who no longer post here. I know my age is
making it seem like the "glory days" have gone by, never to be
recaptured.
But, I would give anything possible to make this group what it once was -
even though no single person can bring back what we lost. It takes the
tacit agreement of hundreds of individual posters and I'm afraid that
there
are not enough people still left here to accomplish that.

Anyway, I would love to know who is still posting or lurking here - those
who haven't given up on trying to recapture what we once had.

Also, if anyone knows why someone left (disliking the group or just likes
Facebook more), I'd like to know that too, if possible.

So my hand is up - Lori Crews (real name optional) aka "CatNipped" began
posting to rec.pets.cats from around 1994 (posting history is optional).

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/