Old November 30th 03, 06:39 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Marina wrote:

Nikki nearly managed to give me a heart attack just now. I was in the
bathroom for my morning ablutions, when I heard Nikki going uh-uh-uh-uh
somewhere in the flat. This sound usually means she is going to throw up. I
prepared myself to clean up the mess. Suddenly she started going RRRROWLLL
ROOOWWLL MRROOOWW MROOOOWW in an incredibly loud voice. I thought she must
be having some kind of seizure, so rushed out to see if I could save her
life.

She was sitting in the middle of the floor beside the piggy I gave Frank for
his birthday. She looked at me and patted the piggy, as if saying, "well,
you took your time getting here. Look at the nice little piggy I found."
Lately, Nikki has adopted the piggy (Frank soon grew bored with it, of
course), and she's been carrying it around and announcing that fact in a
loud voice, but this time, with the preceding uh-uh-uh sound, I thought she
was dying or something. Little b*st*rd.

I don't know why she has to yowl when she carries the piggy around. She
doesn't want to play with it. I've tried throwing it for her, but she
ignores it. That cat is and always will be a mystery to me.

Melisande does that with the toy that used to be attached to a "fishing
pole" - she'll sometimes carry other toys around in her mouth, but this
is the only one she meows around, when carrying it. She usually carries
it toward me (although never actually bringing it to me), so I'm often
awakened in the middle of the night when she "discovers" it in the
living room and heads toward the bedroom with it. The first time or two
she did it, I worried there was something wrong, until I saw her with
the thing in her mouth. I don't understand what she thinks she's doing,
but it's become "normal" behaviour for her.