Old September 22nd 05, 04:44 PM
Karen

PICTURES OF MARVIN AND STINKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

Stinky is now moving more or less freely through the house. He seems
to have decided he would rather see what the little vandal is doing
than yield the field.

They are now curious about each other-- Stinky is still hissy and
hostile, but he really does want to see what the little guy is up to.
And the little one seems absolutely fascinated by Stinky, and
expresses this in that time-honored, clueless way honored by kittens
everywhere-- (including Stinky himself when he was a little bit)--
i.e., leaping straight at his face. :P Which Stinky responds to in
the time-honored way of mature cats everywhere-- with a hisspit.
Stinky, amazingly, has to this point, been too much of a gentlecat to
biff the little fiend.

So starting last night, things started to take on a kind of farcical
feel. The kitten goes about his ditzy, pinhead kitten busines, and
Stinky follows him at a safe distance of about a foot or two. If the
kitten notices him and reacts, Stinky hisses and leaves. Stinky goes
about his dignified grownup business (I never thought I'd see the day)
and the kitten sort of lollops after him, keeping at a safe distance,
until he just gets too excited, and ends up leaping at Stinky, with
the same result as above. Lather, rinse repeat.

Theresa